httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Billingham, Walter 475" <Walter.Billing...@CIGNA.com>
Subject RE: Authentification by password & IP
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:07:18 GMT
Hello,

Here is my problem

Anyone know what conf file is used when you do a apachectl start? I
> > get an error that states it cant open the httpd.conf file due to
> > basically it being in the wrong path.  I have moved all of my
> > installation from /usr/local to /webserver and changed everything I
> > could find in /bin and /conf that erflected that any clue where
> > apachectl looks to look for httpd conf besides itself.  I have checked
> > all the conf files and scuh several times now to no avail help me
> > please.  Thanks. Trask.
I moved all the files from point a to point b by tar copying then untarring
them and changed all the conf and bin perse files to reflect the new path
accordingly, I actually just wanted to know what apachectl looks at when it
goes to parse or actuate httpd.conf, more than anything.  I have used this
same pattern to move an installtion before from one machine to another in
the same path of course and it worked like a charm.  I think it was the
1.3.22 version. Anyone know what conf file is used when you do a apachectl
start? I
> > get an error that states it cant open the httpd.conf file due to
> > basically it being in the wrong path.  I have moved all of my
> > installation from /usr/local to /webserver and changed everything I
> > could find in /bin and /conf that erflected that any clue where
> > apachectl looks to look for httpd conf besides itself.  I have checked
> > all the conf files and scuh several times now to no avail help me
> > please.  Thanks. Trask.

Walter J. Billingham

Unix has its weak points but its file system is not one of them.

- Chris Torek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential
information.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if
you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance. Copyright (c) 2002 CIGNA