httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adolf, Michael F" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat won't compile jsp
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:43:25 GMT
Hi Voldker
Thanks for your reply.  I did as Rick suggested and renamed in
WEB-INF/lib to classes12.jar and it worked!

-----Original Message-----
From: Volker Schmidt []
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat won't compile jsp

Hi Michael,

normaly the WEB-INF/classes directory is the place to look after. In case
that doesn't work you can go to ther web.xml and modify the classpath
parameters for the jsp container. The inline documentation will help. Be
sure that you only change the servlet jsp. You can add a

The entry look like this:

Be sure that you change the servlet jsp! After a restart the zip should be
The dirty way is modifying the startscripts of the tomcat (not recommended
but does works either).