httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adolf, Michael F" <michael.f.ad...@lmco.com>
Subject Tomcat won't compile jsp
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:14:31 GMT
We have Apache1.3.22/Tomcat4.0.1 serving webapps consisting of servlets
only, webapps consisting of jsp pages with jdbc connection via support
class, BUT when we try the jdbc connection from a jsp we get the following
errors:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
Unable to compile class for JSP
/opt/app/tomcat/work/sunshine/SEDBPWTool/getSEDBPasswds$jsp.java:4:
Package javax.sql not found in import ( import javax.sql.*)
/opt/app/tomcat/work/sunshine/SEDBPWTool/getSEDBPasswds$jsp.java:5:
Package oracle.jdbc.driver not found in import.( import
oracle.jdbc.driver.*)
opt/app/tomcat/work/sunshine/SEDBPWTool/getSEDBPasswds$jsp.java:6:
 Package oracle.jdbc.pool not found in import. (import oracle.jdbc.pool.*)
These are the imports of packages from Oracle's classes12.zip.  We have
placed classes12.zip in every possible location, including all tomcat class,
lib, ext, common folders,  and the application's class, lib folders, and
still the same error.
Is the error saying it can't find classes12.zip or is it not able to read
it?
I have even tried put it as a classpath init parameter to <servlet>jsp ...
</servlet> container in web.xml.
??
Thanks, Mike