httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Lucas <da...@yetiservices.com>
Subject Re: pdf documents gone haywire after upgrade
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:04:25 GMT
At 01:50 AM 7/10/2002, you wrote:
>I simply tested the first link (:8080) and clicked on the july pdf; opened
>in the browser window, then opened up the second link (:80) and clicked on
>the same; also opened in the browser window.
>
>I'm on Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6.0, Acrobat 5 (note, not Reader). I
>have not made any modifications to any Acrobat settings on this system.
>
>I did a manual query to both servers, to get what headers Apache are sending
>(see below),  but they were identical, except for the Date, Server, and ETag
>line.
How exactly do I do a manual query.  Both servers are pointing to the same
directory and thus the same files.  What is the ETag?
I have the problem with multiple machines.  Two machines I have the problem
with are Win2k Pro, one with Acrobat 5 (created the pdf's) and one with
Reader 4.  I have another with W2K Pro and Reader 5 and another with Win98
and Reader 4.  Neither of them can open the files.  I have a Win98 machine
with Reader 3 and it can open the files.  I can download to any of the
machines by right clicking on the document and save it.  I can then open
the file with either a browser or reader.  It is only inline that I have a
problem.

Is your Acrobat set to NOT open web pages fast under Preferences - General
- Options?  If so that makes Acrobat 5 work on W2K also.