httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: deploy IDC ms-access forms on Apache
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:58:02 GMT
What version of apache are you running ? do a /path/to/apache/bin/httpd -l and see if mod_proxy
is listed, if it is ignore the rest of this email

Depending on how you compiled apache you have to either re-compile apache and add a --enable-module=proxy
to your ./configure command line, or you can compile mod_proxy as an additional module and
add it in using mod_so.

I am unsure on the second method so if someone could fill in the gaps it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Vibanu@aol.com [mailto:Vibanu@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 July 2002 1:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: deploy IDC ms-access forms on Apache

Thanks for the link.
1/Does my case require forward or reverse proxy?
2/ Do I have to download mod-proxy additional module or does this only require some additional
statements in a file?

Regards,
Vibanu

Vibanu,

Have a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

Why migrate? So that over the long run you don't have to maintain dual web server environments
(Apache and IIS): reduce complexity, reduce number of moving parts, improve performance etc.
Of course, if migration is a herculean effort, then the migration cost just may not be justified.
Lot of companies live with their legacy environments, while doing all their newer development
on the new chosen platform.

Tony