httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Apache 1.3 not recognizing index.php as index
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 02:37:47 GMT
In your httpd.conf file you will need to create a

<directory /path/to/index.php>
 DirectoryIndex index.php
</director>

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Koobs [mailto:dkoobs@dkoobs.com]
Sent: Monday, 22 July 2002 12:24 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Apache 1.3 not recognizing index.php as index

I am running RH 7.3, with Apache1.3 and PHP 4.1.2 and Squirellmail. If i
type the following into my browser:

http://<ipaddress>/mail

I get "can not find server or DNS error". However, if I type:

http://<ipaddress>/mail/index.php

It works fine.

The output of httpd -l:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

Here are some relevant (I hope) lines from /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
LoadModule php3_module        modules/libphp3.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
AddModule mod_php.c
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
AddModule mod_php3.c
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
     DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml index.php4
index.php3 index.phtml index.cgi
 </IfModule>

I've searched all over, and everyone points to these entries as the cause of
the problem, but I think I have them set up correctly.
Where have I gone wrong? Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Doug