httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: sub-domains
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 04:13:29 GMT
What operating system are you running ? If its Redhat linux there's no way in hell you will
be able to write stuff to the /dev directory as its for system devices.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Hadfield [mailto:jhadfiel@oldihc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 July 2002 2:02 PM
To: Apache
Subject: sub-domains

I am trying to set up dev.snowbankih.tzo.com in the /dev directory.
I've been through the docs and below is the way I understand it.  But, when
I try to go to dev.snowbankih.tzo.com, I get into the root of the website
which is www.snowbankih.tzo.com

I know there is something realy simple that I am doing wrong.  Can anyone
help?

Jim

NameVirtualHost 208.38.91.74

<VirtualHost  208.38.91.74>
#primary vhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/snowbankih
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/.* /www/html/snowbankih/index.php
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
Options +ExecCGI FollowSymLinks SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
ServerAdmin jhadfiel@oldihc.org
ErrorLog snowbankih-error.log
CustomLog snowbankih-access.log common
IndexOptions
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/www/html/snowbankih/cgi-bin
<Directory "/var/www/html/snowbankih/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost  208.38.91.74>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/snowbankih/dev
ServerName dev.snowbankih.tzo.com
ServerPath /dev/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(/dev/.*) /www/html/snowbankih$1