httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edward...@ita.org.mo
Subject Re: Problem between http and https
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:59:02 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:

> I'm no good at SSL as I am yet to use it, but I'll try to share what I do
> know.
>
> Ok, first: Do you have SSL installed, and if so, how is your configuration
> setup?
>
> You must have the SSL host as a separate host. That is, you must have a
> virtual host for server_name:80, and another virtual host for
> server_name:443. If you have a setup like this, you can simply use the
> Redirect directive in the definition block of the former host to the latter,
> in order to perform what I unsterstood you want to.
>
> If you do not already have SSL installed and setup on your machine, I ask
> someone else to take over and help you, as I do not have the experience yet.
>
> Regards,
> Robert Andersson

Hello,

This is my setting ( httpd.conf ) about ssl and non-ssl :

# SSL port
<VirtualHost 192.168.200.1:443>
<IfDefine SSL>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /www/var/log/https_rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 1
RewriteCond %{443}      !^443$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)              https://%{webmail.mydomain.com}/$1 [L,R]
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions inherit
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
ServerName webmail.mydomain.com
ServerAdmin root@mydomain.com
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
</IfDefine>
</VirtualHost>

# non-ssl port

<VirtualHost 192.168.200.1:80>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
ServerName www.mydomain.com
ServerAdmin root@mydomain.com
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

So, the setting of ssl part is right ?

Thank for your help !

Edward.