httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Godee" <...@perfect-image.com>
Subject Re: .pl .cgi / cgi-scripts, handlers
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:57:46 GMT
Joshua,
That was it!
I was setting the Content-Type wrong in the scripts and the
"wonderful" MSIE is using its silly extensions mapping to figure out what
to do. Which is also why the browser on the server worked (netscape).
I was setting "Content-Type : text/plain"
changed to "Content-Type : text/html" and
added some html tags and away it went.

As in my original post ......
"AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl"
outside of directory directive makes no dif.
It's all working now with no AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
accept in the ScriptAlias.
Adding it earlier made no dif, I tried.
As far I read adding it to the directory directive
allows scripts to be executed in that directory only!
Outside of directory directive makes it gobal server statement and
will then allow scripts to be executed almost anywhere
not a real good thing, me thinks I would "not" use it
outside of any directory directive.

I knew it was something simple,
I now know more about, then I cared to learn.
Never had this problem before, so glad I found it and learned
something new.

Anyway, Thanks for the help.