httpd-users mailing list archives

From "bill" <b...@TechServSys.com>
Subject RE: how to push in Apache
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:59:24 GMT
Boyle,
I think you missed the intent of the question.  He appears to be handling it all
himself via cgi and a back end server.  His question is "can he push a page to
the browser (who has not requested one) when the person is internally
disqualified."

I suspect not and do not understand why the person just does not get a
"disallowed" page from the cgi process instead of trying to push a page.

-bill-

On 29 Jul 2002 at 16:58, Boyle Owen wrote:

> What do you mean by "logout"? If you are talking about the Basic Authentication process
which is
> part of the HTTP protocol then it is impossible. To explain - when a user arrives at
password
> protected URL, the server sends a 401 Authorization Required response. The browser prompts
the
> user for a password and then re-issues the request with an authorization header appended.
The