httpd-users mailing list archives

From Haitham Mahmoud <hait...@advantechnologies.com>
Subject Cookie Passing Problem
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:58:40 GMT
Hi All,
I have been getting this problem only with Apache Servers (I tried it
with versions 1.3.12 and version 2.0.36)
Part of the application I am involved in implements cookie
authentcation, calling the verification page with the login information
and then propagating the saved cookie information with each request, I
am using raw sockets to perform the operation (in java), It always
giving me the same error with Apache, calling the authentication page
works fine, however, when I try to pass the Cookie header field set to
the saved cookie value, the socket keeps waiting for the response that
never come.
The same mechanism I used it with IIS server and it works with no problems,

here is my login request header
POST /admin/ProcessLogin.jsp HTTP/1.1
Host: host
Connection: CLOSE
Accept: text/html

user_id=administrator&password=administrator

Response header :
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily