httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: Apache won't start on AIX
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:08:44 GMT
i don't necessarily have anything useful to offer, but i'm curious what
host system type information the configure scripts assign to your machine?

when configure runs, what does it say at the line:
"Checking for host system type"

what type of AIX box is this running on?

also, are you building this on the same machine you're running on?

there have been a number of questions like this posted to this list,
regarding problems with floatdidf, but i've yet to see a reasonable
answer. i had thought that most of these questions were related to using
a binary distribution on machine that wasn't configured like the machine
on which it was built, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

cheers,
andy

Fenlason, Josh wrote:

> I'm trying to get ldap authentication to work with Apache 2.0.39 on AIX.  I can get Apache
to build and run.  The ldap modules build fine.  When I run Apache with the ldap modules included,
I get the error below.  I've tried setting LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SH_LDFLAGS, and LDFLAGS
to include libgcc.a, which supposedly is where the floatdidf is supposed to be, but it didn't
make any difference.  Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for
your help.
> ,
> Josh.
>
> bash-2.04$ ./apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 230 of /qa/asteroid/runtimeTest/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /qa/asteroid/runtimeTest/apache2/modules/util_ldap.so into server:  0509-130
Symbol resolution failed for /qa/asteroid/runtimeTest/apache2/modules/util_ldap.so because:
>         0509-136   Symbol __floatdidf (number 10) is not exported from
>                    dependent module httpd.
>         0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
>                  'dump -Tv' command.
>
> P.S.
> I'm using gcc version 2.95.2.

"an uber-system has been superposed, bootstrapped to convergence at
maximized functionality..."
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.