httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Cronnelly <m...@clockltd.com>
Subject Problem with mod_proxy+mod_usertrack
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:12:45 GMT
Hi all...

I'm having some trouble with Apache 2.0.39.

Currently, I use Apache 1.3.26 as a reverse proxy to a group of servers
on a private network. mod_usertrack adds a cookie to the response
headers from the upstream servers, so I can create "clickstream" logs of
user activity.

Everything works fine. However, I'm now testing version 2.0.39 to do the
same thing. The proxying works perfectly, but my usertrack headers
aren't getting inserted into response! This is what I need to fix.

This is my first test with Apache2, so maybe I'm doing missing something
stupid. :-) But I can't find any reference to this problem except that
early versions of Apache 1.3 suffered from this behavior.

Here's the relevant part of my config:
----------
CookieTracking on
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
       ServerAdmin webmaster@public-address.co.uk
       ServerName www.public-address.co.uk
       ProxyPassReverse        /       http://private-address:xxxxx/
       ProxyPass               /       http://private-address:xxxxx/
       ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log
       CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log wusage
</VirtualHost>

I can confirm that mod_usertrack works correctly on sites which aren't
proxied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Mike Cronnelly

P.S. Probably irrelevant but this is my setup:
Red Hat Linux 7.3 on i386
Apache 2.0.39 compiled from source with gcc 2.96