httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anton Kraev <kr...@syndesis.com>
Subject apache timeout issue
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:17:55 GMT
We encountered the following problem in apache 1.3.24 under
sparc-sun-solaris-7. When any external process
(cgi script or jsp page through mod_jserv) does not return result within
timeout (as defined in httpd.conf by Timeout parameter), apache does not
provide correct error message (status 408 or "server process timed out"
or something like that) and returns an empty page instead. This problem
also exists in win32 apache 1.3.x and appears to be fixed in apache
2.x (we just tested this, it is not documented anywhere).

So, could anyone please confirm (or argue) our findings, so we can
understand whether we need to migrate to apache 2.x to fix this problem.

Thanks beforehand, and have a nice weekend :)

Anton.