httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jack Nerad <jne...@cimedia.com>
Subject Re: SSI Apache help!!!
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:21:54 GMT
Truong,Hoang C. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to learn SSI and apache.  These are the steps that I did:
> 1) add these lines in httpd.conf and restart apache
> 	Options +Includes
>         AddType text/html .shtml
>         AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
> 2) create testssi.shtml file, and this is the content of the file:
> 	<h1>before the calling test-cgi</h1>
> 	<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test-cgi" -->

I don't think exec cgi is what you want.  Try

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test-cgi"-->

Or

<!--#exec cmd="/path/to/test-cgi"-->

include virtual is safer because the executed script must reside in your
cgi-bin, as opposed to the exec directive which will execute a command
wherever it lies on the filesystem.

--
Jack Nerad