httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Tait <JT...@wyrddreams.demon.co.uk>
Subject Runtime error: "ap_null_cleanup: referenced symbol not found"
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:52:20 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question from a client who has built Apache 1.3.24 (they've
already been advised of the security update) on a Solaris 8 box, then
tarred and gzipped it and transferred it to their production box.

They configured with the following:

./configure --prefix=/opt/app/apache \
--disable-rule="EXPAT" \
--enable-module=all \
--enable-shared=max \
--disable-module=auth_db

Apparently the build went successfully.  Changes have been made to the
Min|MaxSpareServers, StartServers, MaxClients and BindAddress lines, but
nothing that looks out of the ordinary.

The problem they're having is that when they try to start Apache (or run
apachectl configtest), we get the following error:

Syntax error on line 213 of /opt/app/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/app/apache/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
ld.so.1: /opt/app/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/app/apache/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so: symbol ap_null_cleanup:
referenced symbol not found

Line 213 is the LoadModule line for mod_mmap_static.  Commenting this out
and re-trying gives the following:

Syntax error on line 214 of /opt/app/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/app/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into server:
ld.so.1: /opt/app/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/app/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so: symbol ap_os_is_path_absolute:
referenced symbol not found

So the problem has moved on to the next shared module.  A quick look at the
nm output shows that both these symbols are defined in the httpd binary.

httpd -V and -l output as follows:

javadevnas1{taitj}537: /opt/app/apache/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.24 (Unix)
Server built:   Jul 16 2002 16:29:21
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:11
Server compiled with....
  -D HAVE_MMAP
  -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
  -D USE_MMAP_FILES
  -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/opt/app/apache"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/opt/app/apache/bin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="logs/access_log"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
  -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
  -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
  -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"
javadevnas1{taitj}538: /opt/app/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /opt/app/apache/bin/suexec

Frankly, I'm stumped on this one.  Their binary doesn't look significantly
different from my working binary, apart from the paths and a lot of XML_*
lines missing from the nm output (no expat).  Can anyone shed any light on
this for me?

Cheers,

JT

--
| James Tait                         | ICQ# 17834893                      |