httpd-users mailing list archives

From shanmugampl <shanmuga...@india.adventnet.com>
Subject Jsp Page is not getting invoked when given in DirectoryIndex
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 05:52:59 GMT
Hi,

    I am in the process of integrating Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat4.0.4 for
my application. I am using mod_jk for communication between apache and
tomcat. I generated the mod_jk.so file for apache2.0 from the sources.In
my application i have a page Login.jsp which should be the page that
gets displayed when connected to the browser. I have given this value as

DirectoryIndex jsp/Login.jsp

    but when i connect to the server as localhost:9090, i get the
directory listing instead of the Login.jsp file. Also i can access the
file individually as localhost:9090/jsp/Login.jsp.

    On searching the bug database, i found that a bug has already been
filed ( bug id:9913 ) and fixed. So i took the updated mod_jk.c(revision
version 1.47), generated the mod_jk.so once again and copied it to the
modules directory of my apache home. Still, when i connect through the
browser i am getting the directory listing and not the Login.jsp page.
Can some one point out whether i have gone wrong in some point or other.
Moreover the mod_jk.log file is not getting created in the directory i
have specified, but all jsp files are getting served correctly. The size
of the generated mod_jk.so file is 322024k.

    Thanks in advance

Regards
Shanmugam.PL