httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Keith M. Hughes" ...@hideho.org>
Subject Install problems
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:54:43 GMT
Hello,

I have just spent a couple of hours trying to build and install Apache
2.0.39. I am trying to migrate from 1.3.x. Getting the source to build
wasn't a problem, but I am trying to do a "make install" and I am
finding that none of the dynamic modules are getting installed.

-----Begin excerpt of install output----------

/bin/sh /usr/local/src/servers/httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=install cp mod_auth_dbm.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/apache2/modules

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
mv: cannot move `/usr/local/apache2/modules/' to a subdirectory of
itself, `/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_auth_dbm.so'

-----End excerpt of install output----------

I am using Mandrake Linux 8.0. I thought it might be some outdated tools
so upgraded first to libtool 1.4.2. Nothing. I then upgraded to autoconf
2.53 and did a buildconf. This had no effect. I searched through this
lists archives and found nothing, making me really wonder what is going
on here.

below is the configure settings I used.

#/bin/sh

./configure                        \
    --prefix=/etc/httpd                \
    --exec-prefix=/usr                \
    --libexecdir=/etc/httpd/modules                \
    --bindir=/usr/bin                \
    --sbindir=/usr/sbin                \
    --mandir=/usr/man                \
    --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf            \
    --localstatedir=/var                \
    --datadir=/var/www                \
    --enable-ssl=shared                \
    --enable-shared=ssl                \
    --with-ssl=/usr/local/security            \
    --enable-so                \
    --enable-vhost-alias            \
    --enable-env=shared                \
    --enable-log-config=shared            \
    --enable-mime-magic=shared            \
    --enable-mime=shared                \
    --enable-negotiation=shared            \
    --enable-status=shared                \
    --enable-info=shared                \
    --enable-include=shared                \
    --enable-autoindex=shared            \
    --enable-cgi=shared                \
    --enable-asis=shared                \
    --enable-imap=shared                \
    --enable-actions=shared                \
    --enable-speling=shared                \
    --enable-userdir=shared                \
    --enable-proxy=shared                \
    --enable-alias=shared                \
    --enable-rewrite=shared                \
    --enable-access=shared                \
    --enable-auth=shared                \
    --enable-auth-anon=shared            \
    --enable-auth-dbm=shared                \
    --enable-digest=shared                \
    --enable-cern-meta=shared            \
    --enable-expires=shared                \
    --enable-headers=shared                \
    --enable-usertrack=shared            \
    --enable-example=shared                \
    --enable-unique-id=shared            \
    --enable-setenvif=shared            \
    --with-mpm=prefork                \
        >&CONFIGURE.LOG