httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: How to rebuild Apache-2.0.39_3 from FreeBSD port with extra CFLAGS?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:47:36 GMT
set this variable in your environment prior to running the configure
scripts. the configure scripts preserve current environment while
testing. this is what we're doing to affect the post configuration build
on solaris for 2.0.35

cheers,
andy

Larry Tai wrote:

>Hi,
>
>     I need to rebuild Apache-2.0.39_3 from Freebsd port with extra CFLAGS
>defined, specifically "-DFD_SETSZIE=8192".  I tried putting it in the
>different configure files and make files but the definitions seemed to get
>lost or ignored everytime I do a make.
>
>     I'm not sure which file(s) I should change and the exact syntax of
>the line. Most of the feedbacks from a google search mentioned that the
>lines with either CFLAGS and EXTRA_CFLAGS in the configure file should be
>changed as in:
>
>            CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=8192
>
>     The problem is that there aren't any lines that conveniently look
>like "CFLAGS=" that I can change in the configure file from the port.
>I've also tried putting the string as an ENV variable and that didn't help
>either.  A log of the make process did not show the extra CFLAGS was used
>at all.
>
>     I really need to recompile the server as it is hanging periodically
>with errors that seemed to indicate that I'm running out of file
>descriptors.
>
>----
>"Wed Jul 10 00:54:46 2002] [warn] (61)Connection refused: connect to
>     listener"
>
>[Wed Jul 10 11:12:57 2002] [warn] new file descriptor 1222 is too large;
>     you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE
>     (currently 1024)
>----
>
>     Any help you can give me to recompile Apache with the new FD_SETSIZE
>value would be greatly appreciated.
>
>     I'm running FreeBSD 4.5-stable and I'm only supporting five virtual
>hosts.  Is 1024 a little low for a default FD_SETSIZE?
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>---------
> US-Mail:  Larry Tai
>           Department of Statistics
>           368 Kerr Hall
>           University of California, Davis
>           One Shields Avenue
>           Davis, CA 95616
>  E-Mail:  larry@wald.ucdavis.edu or lptai@ucdavis.edu
>     Tel:  (530)-752-6085         FAX:  (530)-752-7099

"an uber-system has been superposed, bootstrapped to convergence at maximized functionality..."

--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail
and any printout thereof.