httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D'Armous Boone" <Multiplici...@netscape.net>
Subject Newbie question on setup and configuration
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:24:08 GMT
Hello Users Mailing List,

I am a newbie to servers in general.  I am using the Windows ME OS and
just bought Dreamweaver MX, and would like to setup the Apache server
just for site testing purposes (I am trying to learn how to use CGI
scripts and work with databases such as MySQL).  I do not want to go
live with the server.  Can the Apache server be setup to do that?  If so
how do I configure it to do so?  I tried to install the computer on my
own but could not get past the point where I was asked for DNS
information.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.