httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Sims <s...@princeton.edu>
Subject Re: pdf documents gone haywire after upgrade
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:09:32 GMT
I don't have a suggested fix, but I can confirm that this problem
exists.  I upgraded recently to Apache httpd 2.0.39 from 1.3.x and began
finding that my site's pdf files were unreadable by most users of the
site who relied on an Acrobat plugin.  My site runs on an NT 4.0, SP6a
system.  I have verified that the plugin does not work, producing
various symptoms, in IE5.5, Netscape 4.76, and Mozilla 1.0 (several
versions).  The plugin *does* work in Opera 6.04.  In all these cases
the browser can download the files and Acrobat (5.0.5, not the reader,
in my case) can open them.  In some of the browsers I have verified that
if the browser is set to handle the files with Acrobat itself, rather
than with the plugin, there is no problem.

A set of pdf files from my server is available via, e.g.,
http://eco-072399b.princeton.edu/yftp/imperrs/

--
Christopher A. Sims
Department of Economics     Phone: 609 258 4033