httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christos Karras <ckar...@capella.org>
Subject Re: ProxyPass*, RewriteRule, and Zope
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:57:19 GMT
Nathan Valentine wrote:

>I would like to have
>all URLs ending in '/manage' redirected to an SSL Apache and then
>proxied to the backend ZServer. For some reason, when I use the
>ProxyPass* directives my RewriteRules are ignored. Here is the relevant
>part of my config(btw, this is all within a VirtualHost directive:
>
>NameVirtualHost
>
><VirtualHost <some site>:80>
>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteRule (.*/manage)$ https://<some site>/$1 [P,L]

I think this one is wrong, the communication would be encrypted only
between mod_proxy on port 80 and the other VirtualHost on port 443, but
not between port 80 and the client's machine. You could try [R,L]
(redirect) instead

>ProxyPass / http://localhost:9673/<some site>/
>ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:9673/<some site>/

You could replace these two lines with a RewriteRule:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://localhost:9673/<some site>/$1

this way you'll have more flexibility on the order of evaluation