httpd-users mailing list archives

From RStar <R...@DogSoldier.com>
Subject Re: Web Server Setup on Nt 4.0 PC
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 19:11:47 GMT
"Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel" wrote:

> Dear Gary,
>
> Thanks very much for your help.  I mainly want to host my own page in that
> I'll have total control.  In the past, I've been burned by other ISPs.
> Also, I make all the rules and won't be nickled and dimed when my web design
> becomes much more complex (e-commerce, large database, etc.)
>
> Additionally, there must be tools & code out there that deals with NT Server
> security issues.

There are several sources depending upon what you want to do. For
instance, you could start by checking out SourceForge or Freshmeat. You
can also run windows ports of Snort IDS, OpenSSH, LaBrea, etc. I don't
recall if you mentioned if you were running a firewall or not but there
ar several options for this as well. For instrance, Sonicwall makes a
nice little unit suitable for smaller networks.

Another good source of information is sysinternals.com.

My best advise would be to set aside a couple of hours and crank up
google or dmoz and do some searching and investigating and then pick out
what works best for your situation.

Rich
DogSoldier.com

> Best Regards my Friend,
>
> Bryan O'Neill

   "He who will trade freedom for security will get, nor deserve,
neither"