httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: More help with apache and CGI-Perl
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:38:48 GMT
John Passaniti wrote:

> > > So Why does Apache announce it's own platform
> > > in a bad request response and likely other
> >
> > That turns into a long-winded discussion every
> > time it comes up on the development list.  The
> > end result is what you see.
>
> Would you (or someone) please provide a URL to archives for the
> development list where this issue is discussed?  I'm interested in the
> answer, even if you're not interested in providing it.

Eh?  The answer is exactly what you see: what goes into the code
and how the server behaves.  More people wanted it that way than
otherwise.  Was that unclear?  Sorry if so..

The ViewCVS page seems to be hosed at the moment, and my archives
aren't accessible right now either, but I suggest taking a look at the
apache-1.3/src/main/http_core.c CVS history and searching for
the word 'signature'.  That'll give you the basic timeframes and
then you can search the archives at marc.theaimsgroup.com.

If you really want to know about the discussions on the development
list, join it.  This list is about how to use the server, not really
about why it is the way it is.  And I suggest not being a smart-arse
and imputing poor intentions to people without a little more evidence --
just out of politeness if nothing else.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"