httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject Apache 1.3.26 bug?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:58:21 GMT
This is a follow-up to a posting that I made the other day ("RedirectMatch question").

I've done some tests with RedirectMatch and it appears that there may be a problem when this
directive is used inside of a VirutalHost block. When a simple redirection is used in a .htaccess
file it works as expected. When the same redirection is used in a VirtualHost block is appends
the original url to the end of the new url.

In my situation I'm trying to direct patterns of content (or all content) to a particular
page...

RedirectMatch permanent .* http://www.domain.com/dir/page.html

Perhaps this is a problem with the way I'm writing the directive, but I don't understand why
it would work in one place and not in another. I haven't been able to find anything in the
docs to suggest that I'm doing anything wrong, and I haven't found anything in the bug database
to suggest that anyone else is having this problem.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cindy