httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jochen K├Ąchelin ...@linux.amsjk.de>
Subject normal way to update an running apache
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:06:48 GMT
What may be the best way to update a Apache with PHP (module) and
MysQL?

I always compile PHP as Module because we don't host more than 1
user on a server. One day ago when I updated to PHP 4.2.2 I used
the following steps:

1. mv /quellen/apache/current/src/modules/php4 ./php_old
2. I moved to php's source-tree: configure.... && make && make install
3. I moved to apache's source-tree and typed ./configure ... & make
4. /etc/init.d/apache stop
5. make install
6. /etc/init.d/apache graceful

I normally activate all apache-modules with --activate-module=......

Is there a better way to do this, or I'am on the right way?

--
Jochen Kaechelin