httpd-users mailing list archives

From Allen Crawford <All...@mailcode.com>
Subject RE: UserDir/403 error
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:44:01 GMT
Ok, this is solved.  I actually didn't even need the lines below for the
directory (although I'm going to use them because it seems like it will be
more secure that way).  I needed to give my home directory world-executable
permissions as well.  So the permissions are as follows:

/home/username: drwx--x--x
/home/username/public_html: drwxr-xr-x
/home/username/public_html/*: -rw-r--r--

Does this sound right?  Are there any disadvantages to giving the home
directories the world-executable permissions (with no read-access of
course)?

Also, does anyone know how to make it so that all new user accounts already
have this permission?  If you don't want to answer this OT question, that's
fine.