httpd-users mailing list archives

From Allen Crawford <All...@mailcode.com>
Subject RE: UserDir/403 error
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:41:22 GMT
At first I did not even have a <Directory> directive set up properly.  I do
now, and its Options line reads:

Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec

And yes, I've tried explicitly addressing my single index.html file
(http://servername/~username/index.html) and had no luck.  Still a 403
error.

Question-To get this whole ~username directory mapping to work, is Options
Indexes required?  Just curious as I usually turn off Indexing for the main
server, but I really don't care for the user directories.  By the way, I
just turned Indexing back on for the main server (the
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs directory) and that didn't help.

Thanks,
Allen