httpd-users mailing list archives

From Allen Crawford <All...@mailcode.com>
Subject RE: UserDir/403 error
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:36:22 GMT
Thanks for the info.  I didn't know anything really about the Directory
directive, but now I do.  I've read just about all the info on apache.org.
I then noticed that the lines you typed below were actually already in the
httpd.conf file and just needed uncommented.  I did that and things still
are not working.  Anymore ideas?  The main page (http://servername/) comes
up just fine, but not the ~user stuff.  My file/directory permissions are
correct (i.e. world readable and executable for the public_html directory
and world-readable for all the files within it).