httpd-users mailing list archives

From tfore...@ibsys.com
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.39 and RedHat 7.3?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:50:32 GMT

gcc v2.96

> I installed  this just 2 days ago on my freshly installed
> RH7.3 full install and I had the same symptoms all I had
> to do is alter install path during configure time, change
> the user and group after compilation, shutdown the old
> Apache, restart  the new (with exacting path of new
> apachectl) and mine worked fine.  By default, if you
> did a full install apache 1.3.22, I believe, is installed
> with 7.3 and is running at bootup on port 80, so this may
> present a problem due to several things, one it is installed
> to the same directory I believe, /usr/local/apache.
> Basically, what is your setup?

I did a clean, custom install of RedHat 7.3. I did not install
the Apache that comes with it. There was no existing
/usr/local/apache tree.

I downloaded, configured, built and installed Apache 2.0.36.
I edited the httpd.conf file. I changed the group that Apache
runs under.

When I try to start it, I get NO error messages. It creates an
empty error log file. It spits no errors out on the command line.

I am totally flommoxed by this one.

--
Timothy W. Foreman ~ System Administrator ~ (651) 365-4181
Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. ~ tforeman@ibsys.com