httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: Host: ignored ?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:40:34 GMT
-> Can't use just use <VirtualHost *> so that you can still dynamically
-> generate the file for multiple machines?

No, I can't :(

-> -> >when I request for home.nextra.sk with this config, i still get
-> -> >default.nextra.sk:
-> -> >
-> -> ><VirtualHost home.nextra.sk>
-> -> >ServerName default.nextra.sk
-> -> >DocumentRoot /clients/www/default.nextra.sk
-> -> >Alias /icons/ /usr/local/www/icons/
-> -> ></VirtualHost>
-> -> >
-> -> ><VirtualHost home.nextra.sk>
-> -> >ServerName home.nextra.sk
-> -> >DocumentRoot /clients/www/home.nextra.sk
-> -> >Options FollowSymLinks
-> -> ></VirtualHost>
-> -> >
-> -> >the IP is ok ... this seems a bug, right?

-> Sorry, forgot to mention - i do have "NameVirtualHost home.nextra.sk" in
-> config file. I have over 1000 virtualhosts that do work. And I have a few
-> reasons not to put IP into NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> - the file is
-> dynamically generated, the same file should work on more machines etc.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released