httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: "sort" command question
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:10:20 GMT
-> I need to sort my log file cronologically what do I need to enter in
-> command line for SORT on RedHat to get the log file sorted?

do you have the logfile unsorted? how did you get it?

I am usually merging lods from more servers, but I modified LogFormat to log
unix time as first record:

LogFormat "%{%s}t %v %a %>s %B %T %u \"%r\" \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""

then I only need to "sort -mn logfile [logfile]"

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.