httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Gomulka <carra...@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
Subject Problem compiling apache1.3.26
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:38:09 GMT
Hello!
I subscribed to this list, because I have a problem building apache 1.3.26.
This is Debian Linux Potato, kernel 2.2.20, gcc 2.95.2-13.1, libc 2.1.3-20.
First, I can't create Makefiles by executing configure:
./configure --enable-module=unique_id --enable-module=rewrite \
            --enable-module=auth --enable-module=so \
            --enable-shared=max --logfiledir=/var/log/apache \
            --runtimedir=/var/run --enable-module=ssl \
            --localstatedir=/var/run
The output is:
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

======== Error Output for sanity check ========
cd ..; gcc  -DLINUX=22 -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -DMOD_SSL=208110 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT

-I./lib/expat-lite `./apaci`     -o helpers/dummy helpers/dummy.c   -lm
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!

Well, I can compile test program by hand and get executable file dummy.
But always when executing TestCompile -v ... (as mentioned in file itself) there is no output
file
generated, and return value of TestCompile ($? in bash) is 1 (in opposite to proper value
0).

So I've decided to disable such test in Configure.

Then it creates Makefiles, tries to compile, but somewhere in the middle I get information
about
unresolved symbols - those symbols are dlopen, dl...

Could you tell me where is the problem?

I have read docs, INSTALL (requirements are OK), searched google, searched bug archive and
found nothing
specific to my problem.

Best regards,
Robert