httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Dahlem" <Robert.Dah...@siemens.com>
Subject Re: Problem with .htaccess!
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:08:01 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:53:37 EDT, LongLegz1980@aol.com wrote:

>       Hi, I'm having a serious problem.. I'm unable to use mod_rewrite
>commands in my .htaccess file! I cannot find *ANY* help on this on the
>web (searched various engines repeatedly!). What's happening is, in my
>.htaccess file, I have this line:
>
>       RewriteEngine on
>
>       The error I get with that is "RewriteEngine not allowed here".

You will need at least "AllowOverride +FileInfo" for that (or an upper)
directory. Also note that (quoted from the docs) "rewrite configurations
are not inherited. This means that you need to have a RewriteEngine on
directive for each virtual host in which you wish to use it."

Regards,
        Robert

--
Robert.Dahlem@siemens.com
Siemens Business Services - FS GF KORDOBA-Outsourcing