httpd-users mailing list archives

From abrar hazarika <abra...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: httpd failed (weird pid file)
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 06:15:02 GMT
Thanks Mark,

The apache server started ok with pid 7150 but it also
created httpd.mm.7149.sem in /var/run. With loglevel
'debug' it gave the following in error_log. I think
running this way will again cause the server to fail.
Though it is not a production server but is only for
inhouse s/w development with php and mysql, it is
still worrying me.

Can you guide me more?

And how do i start httpd with -X option. i tried from
/etc/rc.d/init.d but it does not take any option only
start,restart etc.

Thanks again

[Mon Jul 15 11:21:46 2002] [info] created shared
memory segment #393218
[Mon Jul 15 11:21:46 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.19
(Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6
DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.2.1 mod_perl/1.24_01 configured --
resuming normal operations
[Mon Jul 15 11:21:46 2002] [notice] suEXEC mechanism
enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Mon Jul 15 11:21:46 2002] [info] Server built: Mar 29
2001 12:52:37