httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Raw beginner needs version info clarification
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:06:09 GMT

> I've tried all of your suggestions, but they make no difference. What

Which error do you get? What are you trying to accomplish?
Doesnt apachectl work for you for starting/stopping the server?

> file holds the information which tells httpd to set the environment variables?

The file is
/usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars-std

You may want to try
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/apache2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -v

I also suggest that, if you can, try to install the server from source, instead of
using the binary.