httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Raw beginner needs version info clarification
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:43:45 GMT

> I have downloaded 2.0.39 to my Linux system and installed it. When I
> go to the directory and run "httpd -v" it reports
>
> Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)
>
> I was expecting something on this line:
>
> Server version: Apache/2.0.39 (Unix)
>
> Is this some FAQ I have been unable to find, or in spite of the fact
> that the file I downloaded and installed is called "httpd-2.0.39-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz",
> I have somehow got an older version?

correct, you are likely executing the Apache version that comes with your
distribution. Execute:

which httpd

To see which httpd binary you are using. Either remove the 1.3 installation
or use a full path to access your 2.0.39

/path/to/apache2.0.39/bin/httpd -v

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/