httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: sub-domains
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 04:17:58 GMT
Hi Jim,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:02:03PM -0500, Jim Hadfield wrote:
> <VirtualHost  208.38.91.74>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/snowbankih/dev
> ServerName dev.snowbankih.tzo.com
> ServerPath /dev/
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^(/dev/.*) /www/html/snowbankih$1
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
> ServerAdmin jhadfiel@oldihc.org
>
> </VirtualHost>

You only need to use the ServerPath tricks if you need to support old
clients which do not support HTTP/1.1 Name Based Virtual Hosts

Generally speaking you should be able to strip the ServerPath and Rewrite*
directives from the above configuration and things should work, provided
dev.snowbankih.tzo.com points to 208.38.91.74

I'd suggest starting with the cut down configuration and get the base
functionality working first.  Then, if you need it, add the ServerPath
stuff in.

Hope that helps,

Zac