httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ranganadh <tinylo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: problem with accessing cgi files
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 06:30:14 GMT

 hi,

 now I am able execute files from /cgi-bin/. But I
 want to allow users to put their cgi script in their
"public_html". For that i followed the method which i
found in documentation.

 my problem is that i am getting script code instead
of output of the script.

        steps i followed

 1. I added this to configuration file

   <Directory /home/*/public_html>
                 Options +ExecCGI
         </Directory>

 2. I added this also

  AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

 3. and this to httpd.conf

  AllowOverride Options

 4. and i created .htaccess file in public_html
 directory and entered following line in .htaccess
 file

  Options +ExecCGI

 I checked there is NO problem with the   permissions
of the file.

 And there is NO problem with the script. I am able
 accessthe same script from /cgi-bin/ i am getting
html document.

 But when i am accessing from /home/ranga/public_html
 .
 Instead of getting output of the script i am getting
script code itself.

 Can anyone tell me what could be the problem

 thanks in advance

 regards

 Ranganadh