httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ranganadh <tinylo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: problem with accessing cgi files
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 06:23:17 GMT

hi,

now I am able execute files from /cgi-bin/. But I want
to allow users to put their cgi script in their
"public_html". For that i followed the method which i
found in documentation.

my problem is that i am getting script code instead of
output of the script.

        steps i followed

1. I added this to configuration file

  <Directory /home/*/public_html>
                Options +ExecCGI
        </Directory>

2. I added this also

 AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

3. and this to httpd.conf

 AllowOverride Options

4. and i created .htaccess file in public_html
directory and entered following line in .htaccess file

 Options +ExecCGI

I checked there is problem with the permissions of the
file.

And there is problem with the script. I am able access
the same script from /cgi-bin/ i am getting html
document.

But when i am accessing from /home/ranga/public_html .
Instead of getting output of the script i am getting
script code itself.

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem

thanks in advance

regards

Ranganadh

 --- Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> wrote: > On
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 01:02:14 +1000, Zac Stevens