httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrara <php...@w3suite.com>
Subject Apache2: DocumentRoot: File instead a Directory
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:08:36 GMT
Hello List,

after upgrading to apache2 I miss a small undocumented feature of the
apache1.3.x. Maybe you can help me find a comparable soulution.

When you set, in apache1.3.x, the DocumentRoot to a File instead a Directory
every request will be pointed to that File. In my case the file was a
PHP-script. The script parses the REQUEST_URI and generates the content.

After playing around with mod_rewite I got frustrated. Trying with the 404
trick, too. That was not the thing I want to do ;)

So how can I point every request to that PHP-script without performance lost?
Please help....

Sorry for that poor english - it is too late here ;)

Thanks,
Manuel