httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ranganadh <tinylo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject problem with accessing cgi files
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:09:23 GMT

Hi,

 i had a problem when i am accessing the CGI scripts.
I entered ScriptAlias line in the my httpd.conf file.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin"

And when i am trying to access script file
i am getting the following error

     i stored the file in /var/www/cgi-bin

          ERROR
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you
entered the URL manually please check your spelling
and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact
the webmaster
Error 404
192.168.100.98
Mon Jul 8 19:20:04 2002
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you
entered the URL manually please check your spelling
and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact
the webmaster
Error 404
192.168.100.98
Mon Jul 8 19:20:04 2002

And this is the part of httpd.conf file

        part of configuration file

# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain
server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases,
except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as
applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as
documents sent to the client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to
ScriptAlias directives as to
# Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin"

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem

thanks in advance

regards

Ranganadh