httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ross <tetr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mod_rewrite problem.
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:03:35 GMT
--- Ross <tetranz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm tearing my hair out over a mod_rewrite problem. I'm installing an
> application called eZPublish (ez.no). It has several rewrite rules
> but
> I have it down to one line to illustrate my problem.
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteLog /home/web/log/rewrite_log
> RewriteLogLevel 9
> RewriteRule !\.(gif|css|jpg|png|jar)$ /mypath/index.php
>
> Everything should go to index.php except images which should be
> unchanged. I'm testing this with two files, index.php and test.gif
>
> Any non-image request correctly returns index.php but image requests
> produce nothing at all from the server. Zero bytes are returned.

Answering my own post here but I've just looked in the server error log
and discovered that there is a segmentation fault whenever an image
file
is accessed through these rules. I should have looked there first :-) I
don't think its directly related to the rewrite rules although it only
seems to happen when mod_rewrite is enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ross