httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Brownlee <dav...@wrq.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache over RedHat 7.2
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:22:58 GMT
Assuming your loopback interface is configured correctly, "netstat -nr" should
produce at least this line:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U        40 0          0 lo

If that is OK, maybe you're blocking too much with your firewall.  Try:

/etc/init.d/ipchains stop
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

And then try again.  If it works, maybe your ICMP blocking is too aggressive.
Just guessing.

--
David Brownlee
IT Systems Manager