httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: More help with apache and CGI-Perl
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:36:16 GMT
* On 2002-07-01 at 17:21,
  John Passaniti <jpass@rochester.rr.com> excited the electrons to say:

> > Eh?  The answer is exactly what you see: what goes into
> > the code and how the server behaves.  More people wanted
> > it that way than otherwise.  Was that unclear?  Sorry
> > if so..
>
> Yes, that is unclear.  Your first response suggested that the reasons
> for this are deeper than a cutesy "that's the way it works" and "more
> people wanted it than otherwise."

Sorry, but I think that 'suggestion' is all in your own mind.
And there's nothing cutesy about it; that *is* the way it works.

> it would have been helpful for you to give the major reason(s) for
> the signature.  I can't believe this is a simple matter of a vote
> with the majority winning without any good reason(s) to justify
> their choice.

If I remembered what the reasons were, I might have given them.  I
didn't and don't.  I remembered that it was an issue that has been
discussed a few times, so that's what I said.  What you believe is up
to you, but the actual fact of the matter is that it *was* the result
of a simple vote.  It was years ago.

> Whatever.  You don't want to answer the question, and so I'll do as
> you suggest and join the development list.

And there you go again.  Don't ascribe motives to me.  It's not a
matter of not wanting to answer, it's a matter of not remembering the
answer and not being able to find it out when I responded.  *Exactly*
as I said.

> No, I have no real desire to know the discussions on the development
> list.  All I wanted was for the person who suggested there were
> deeper reasons to provide them.  If I found those reasons
> interesting, I was going to dig deeper.  Now I have to dig deeper
> just to get the answer you know, but apparently don't want to
> provide.

Again, that 'suggestion' is all in your mind, and again you are
implying that I am concealing something.  Please stop that right now.
All *I* meant to suggest is that it wasn't a unanimous 'let's do it'
decision on the part of the developers, but was the result of
significant discussion.  If you insist on seeing more in my messages
than I put there, that's not my problem.

Do your own bloody research.  I see no further point in trying to
answer someone who's going to put his own spin on my responses
regardless.
--
#ken	P-(}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"