httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Building Apache 2.0.39 on HPUX11i
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:45:45 GMT
"doesn't seem to run" - well, does it or doesn't it? If you do "ps -ef" do you see any httpd
processes? What does it say in the error_log ("resuming normal operations" means it is running)?
If in doubt, try starting in single-user mode to trap errors:

./httpd -X -f path/to/httpd.conf

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Green [mailto:alexdgreen@hotmail.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2002 15:27
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Building Apache 2.0.39 on HPUX11i

Hi,

I'm trying to build Apache 2.0.39 from source on my HPUX11i box. However after running the
make, which reports a couple of errors from ld, saying that httpd and other executables will
be relinked during installation.

However, after making "gmake install" and all the files are copied to the prefix, httpd will
not run.. or rather doesn't seem to run and the apachectl app is just a text file or rather
a script.

Can anyone help me.. I've tried using the HP ANSI/C Compiler and gcc3.1.

Thanks in advance,
AG