httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: USERDIR query...
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:47:05 GMT
>From: Pravinkumar_Shivakumar [mailto:Pravinkumar_Shivakumar@Satyam.com]
>
>Which is the right keyword for UserDir is it "Enabled/Disabled" or
>"Enable/Disable".
>The site www.apache.org says that it's Enabled/Disabled but when I use
>"Enabled/Disabled" in the conf file and validate the conf file
>with the -t
>option it complains about the improper use of the keyword
>Enabled/Disabled.

I've never used these keywords before, but a quick check on my test system (1.3.26) reveals
that the past-tense works, i.e. enabled/disabled.

One thing, I did have to do was to say:

UserDir enabled *
UserDir disabled fred

i.e. I had to add a "*" after the enabled keyword or I got an error: "UserDir enabled needs
a list of users.." This doesn't appear to be documented. What is your exact error message?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle