httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Apache_2.0.39 help
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:45:31 GMT
>From: Dinesh Patel [mailto:Dinesh.Patel@marconi.com]
>
>you were right mod_perl was not in the ouput of httdp -l. The
>question is
>how doi get it in there i guess...

You have to go back to the compilation stage, I'm afraid. I'm not sure of the details but
I guess the problem is that mod_perl is such a complex module (it basically allows you to
run the perl interpreter alongside apache) that loading it through the DSO mechanism just
doesn't work. Any advice I've seen always recommends you to compile mod_perl statically into
the apache binary. Obviously, you can also compile in mod_so and thereafter load other modules
dynamically.

An excellent step-by-step guide on various compilation recipes is given by Bob de Louw on
his site: http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Apache-Compile-HOWTO/html/apache.html.

Follow the instructions carefully (omit the bit about mod_ssl if you don't need it) and it
should work.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.