httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Apache 1.3.26 bug?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:38:41 GMT
>From: Cindy Ballreich [mailto:cindy@ballreich.net]
>
>I've done some tests with RedirectMatch and it appears that
>there may be a problem when this directive is used inside of a
>VirutalHost block. When a simple redirection is used in a
>.htaccess file it works as expected. When the same redirection
>is used in a VirtualHost block is appends the original url to
>the end of the new url.

Perhaps they're not so identical - directives in a .htaccess file apply in the context of
that directory. You don't state if the directive, when in the VH container, is also in a <Directory>
container. If it isn't then it is in different context (i.e. its current directory will be
the VH docroot).

Post your VH directives if you don't solve it..
Rgds

Owen Boyle