httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: strange thing happens during test
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:05:35 GMT
>From: Desmond Lee [mailto:desmond60@hotmail.com]
>
>I have apache 2 set up on a red hat v7.3 box. WOrk good from
>what i can
>tell, but when i run 'HEAD / HTTP/1.0' i get the following:
>
>200 OK
>Last-Modified: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:15:50 GMT
>Client-Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:16:39 GMT
>
>200 OK
>Cache-Control: private
>Connection: close
>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:19:57 GMT
>Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
>Client-Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:16:39 GMT
>Client-Response-Num: 1
>
>THis seems pretty weird to me that it would say the server type is a
>microsoft iis  server?

Seems pretty weird to me too!

Are you absolutely certain you are telnetting to the correct box when you do your HEAD request?
That is, you don't have a windows box somewhere and you're telnetting to it by accident? -
double check IP addresses etc.. Even better, login to the redhat box and "telnet localhost
80".

If you still get "Microsoft-IIS/5.0", then someone must've hacked the source code... Did you
compile from source?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle